Here are a few things to think about as you plan your session!
- LOCATION! Most photographers are willing to offer location suggestions, but if you have an extra special place that is meaningful to the two of you, by all means let your photographer know! Some of my favorite sessions have been on random backroads or family properties that my clients picked out just for their session.
- CLOTHES! Make sure that you feel comfortable in our engagement session outfits. If you don’t feel comfortable, chances are you won’t like how the clothes appear in photos. If your session allows for outfit changes, bring a few different choices to give your photos a wider range.
- BRING STUFF! An old truck? Your horse? Fishing poles? Let’s incorporate some of your favorite things into your photos! As a lifestyle photographer, it’s important to me to capture your personality and the things that the two of you enjoy as we make these memories!
- PINTEREST: Pinterest is a valuable resource that provides GREAT inspiration. I often ask my brides to show me their pinterest board so I can get an idea of what draws their eye. But beyond that, I love having space to create together and make their own memories!
- HAVE FUN! The engagement session is a great way for couples to get to know the photographer and vise versa, and prepare for your wedding day! If you are nervous or feel awkward/uncomfortable, let your photographer know! And once you get your photos back, make notes of poses that you really like for your wedding day!
And a few of my favorite images from recent engagement sessions! Cozy is my favorite type of pose 🙂
WEDDING & LIFESTYLE PHOTOGRAPHY
by jordan edens photography
LIFESTYLE: A photographer for the sweet moments, memories, and milestones that make up your life! Share the story of your bump, your baby, your senior, your growing family with a lifestyle session. Business lifestyle sessions and headshots also available.
WEDDING: A photographer for the timeless, hopelessly romantic, adventurous, couple. Specializing in Bride and Groom portraits alongside of the full wedding day story. Classic elements, emotional moments, intimacy, bold coloring, and strong black and white images set my photographer’s heart on fire.
Jordan Edens Photography is a Washington State photographer based out of Richland, and Kennewick; serving the Tri-Cities, Washington and surrounding area with wedding and lifestyle photography. Travel and destination photography for weddings is also available.